Thursday, October 13, 2016

Quick Chicken Tetrazzini

Recipe calls for macaroni, but if you want to get fancy you can use the bowtie pasta. Make the recipe your own by customizing some of the ingredients. I like to use angel hair or regular spaghetti. I am not a lover of canned chicken, but I will buy a rotisserie chicken and use what I need for two or three different recipes. Be Creative!!!


Ingredients:

3 cups cooked macaroni
2 cups grated cheddar cheese
12 ounce can of chicken (I like to buy rotisserie chicken an use as needed)
2 cups of milk
1 cup mushrooms
¼ cup pimientos
2 tbs butter
2 tbs flour
1 tsp salt

Directions:

Put alternate layers of macaroni (or spaghetti) and cheese in casserole. Combine chicken, mushrooms and pimientos. Make well in center of macaroni* and fill with chicken mixture. Melt butter, add flour, salt and milk. Pour over mixture and bake at 400 degrees until bubbles. Serves about 6.


*Instead of making a center and filling mixture in, I just spread mine over the casserole and then add the topping.

No comments:

Post a Comment